20 September 2010

What a faker.

I feel like I act happy. Inside I feel so broken hearted. I look at pictures of Riley and I feel a dangerous bubbling under the surface. When my Mom died, I could not and would not look at pictures of her, as to not allow myself to feel the grief.

It is different with my son. I hurt. So bad. I look at pictures and I weep. On the inside. I feel like I fake my demeanor right now. Fake it 'till you make it. But I feel myself starting to breakdown. I am exhausted from constantly acting as if I am okay.

I am not trying to keep my feelings inside, and I know that I have a great support system. If I have realized anything from this past week, it is that Josh and I have wonderful friends and family. So many people would drop anything and help us. I just feel that I can't. I don't want to. I need to line up counseling, of this I am aware.

I miss him so much. I miss feeling needed. I miss nursing him. I miss his big toe on his right foot that he always seemed to tense up. I miss the nasty rotten milk smell in his neck folds. I miss coming home from work and feeling like I was the only person that he wanted. I miss rubbing his head and watching his eyelids close in sleep. I miss everything.

Josh and I smell his baby clothes and pass them back and forth like crack. It's our personal crack.

It hurts so bad.

I adore my Tommy, and without him I would feel lost. He gives me a reason to keep going. That and Pluckers Fried Pickles. Josh is out getting me some tonight. I love my husband.

1 comment:

  1. I love you with all my heart and there is nothing right now that is going to take away your pain.
    This is going to take a while to recover from and there will always be a little hole in your heart.

    I wish I could take your pain away. I wish that I could just wave a wand and things would be different.

    I think about you all day long and I worry about you. I know you don't want to talk and I don't want to bother you, but please reach out if you ever need to talk. We could go somewhere and people watch and make up stories like Lane and Brittney did on BB.

    You are my best friend and I only want the best for you. Drew and I both love you tons and tons and we will get through this with time.

    ReplyDelete